2023 Annual Swap Meet and Chili Cook-Off
Saturday December 9, 8:30 am at the Clubhouse
The Annual Swap Meet date for 2023 is set and it will be again organized and run by Drake Johnson with an assist from volunteers*. This is the event where you’ll find the best deals around on fly rods, fly reels, fly lines, waders, boots, hackles, thread, split shot, fly tying vices, wading vests, thermals, and anything else you can possibly think of that relates to fly fishing. There will be flies hand tied by our membership selling for less than $1.00 each. There will be too many items available to mention here, just know you won’t go home disappointed.
To get the best deals, be there no later than 8:30 am (by 10 am everything is pretty much bought, sold or eaten). If you plan to bring your best chili and/or have fly fishing goods to sell, please register on the calendar at this link, or contact Drake Johnson at (916)-532-3073, or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you plan on selling stuff, think about how much table space you will need. You should plan on being set up and ready to go no later than 8:30 am. Please put price tags on the items you are selling. Large items such as pontoon boats, prams, etc., should be displayed outdoors on the deck and in the parking lot.
Chili Cook-off Contest – Here’s your chance to win braggin’ rights as the best chili maker in GBF. Winner will be selected by who gets the most votes.
- Bring your chili in a crock-pot with a serving spoon, and pre-warmed.
- Name your chili (This is important, because the name is what is used for voting).
- Bring a short extension cord for your chili. Label it.
- Winner will receive a fly box with flies.
- Raffle winner will receive a fly box with flies.
We’ll have a continental style breakfast available for $3.00, and complimentary coffee and water. Sellers will start setting up by 8:15 am.
Sale starts as soon as sellers are ready.
- Get here at 8:30 am for the best selection.
- Stay late for the best price.
- Bring cash.
- Feel free to bring your boats, float tubes, prams, pontoons, etc., but set them up outside (with price and seller name). Those things usually sell better if they are inflated (with air).
- Bring a friend. Bring your checkbook.
- And, don’t forget to reserve table space if needed at the link above.
* If you’d like to lend Drake hand with the set up/teardown of the event, he’d love to hear from at his email above.