2022 Annual Swap Meet and Chili Cook-Off
Saturday December 10, 8:30 am at the Clubhouse
The Annual Swap Meet date for 2022 is set and it will be again organized and run by Drake Johnson with an assist from volunteers*. This is the event where you’ll find the best deals around on fly rods, fly reels, fly lines, waders, boots, hackles, thread, split shot, fly tying vices, wading vests, thermals, and anything else you can possibly think of that relates to fly fishing. There will be flies hand tied by our membership selling for less than $1.00 each. There will be too many items available to mention here (I am assuming there is an extra year of good stuff now), just know you won’t go home disappointed.
To get the best deals—be there no later than 8:30 am (by 10 am everything is pretty much bought, sold or eaten).Sellers should reserve table space by contacting Drake Johnson (916-532-3073, or firstname.lastname@example.org). There will be a signup sheet, at the November meeting assuming we have an in person meeting. You should plan on being set up and ready to go by 8:30 am. Please put price tags on the items you are selling. Large items such as pontoon boats, prams, etc., should be displayed outdoors on the deck and in the parking lot.
Chili Cook-off Contest – Here’s your chance to win braggin’ rights as the best chili maker in GBF. Winner will be selected by who gets the most votes.
- Bring your chili in a crock-pot with a serving spoon, and pre-warmed.
- Name your chili (This is important, because the name is what is used for voting).
- Bring a short extension cord for your chili. Label it.
- Winner will receive a fly box with four dozen flies.
- Raffle winner will receive a fly box with four dozen flies.
We’ll have a continental style breakfast available for $3.00, and complimentary coffee and water. Sellers will start setting up at 8:15 am.
Sale starts as soon as sellers are ready.
- Get here at 8:30 am for the best selection.
- Stay late for the best price.
- Bring cash.
- Feel free to bring your boats, float tubes, prams, pontoons, etc., but set them up outside (with price and seller name). Those things usually sell better if they are inflated (with air).
- Bring a friend. Bring your checkbook.
Reserve your table space by contacting Drake Johnson at email@example.com, or use the signup sheet at the November Meeting.
* If you’d like to lend Drake hand with the set up/teardown of the event, he’d love to hear from at his email above.
2018 Swap Meet Chili Table and the winner was Doug Kytonen. Doug also won in 2017!
2016 Chili Table