You are invited to our club meetings which are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Granite Bay Activities Center (the ‘clubhouse’) on Folsom Lake.
It’s suggested to arrive early as parking can fill quickly. Note: During Winter Months the Folsom Lake Park Entry gate closes at 7:00 pm, so don’t be late. It’s a long walk from the gate.
>>> Click here for the GBF online application. <<<
Note: After July 1, dues are half-off (plus a badge charge) for balance of year.
Join in December and we apply your 12 month membership fee to the following year.
The GBF clubhouse on Folsom Lake
How to join Granite Bay Flycasters:
1. Click the above application link and fill in all highlighted spaces online. Then print it out either double or single sided. If for some reason the form is not editable, download it and open with Adobe Acrobat to complete the entries.
2. Be sure to complete and sign the liability waiver.
3. Attach a check for your first year’s membership. Note there’s a price break if joining after July 1st.
4. Mail the application with liability waiver to the address located at the upper left of the application form.
5. Processing will take about a week and you will receive acknowledgment and your badge in the mail.
6. Be sure to set aside time for the next club meeting – the 2nd Thursday of the month @ 7pm at our clubhouse on Folsom Lake at the end of Douglas Blvd. in Granite Bay.
Club activities include monthly meetings, organized fishing trips, fly tying classes with monthly clinics, informal get-togethers, casting clinics, net-building and rod-building classes, an annual picnic and more. Activities are planned to encourage participation by all family members.
Monthly meetings feature local (and sometimes world-renowned) experts who speak about flyfishing techniques and/or destinations, conservation activities, and other pertinent topics. Each meeting also involves the telling of tall tales (and other local fishing news), reports on club activities, and perhaps most importantly, the opportunity to meet and mix with other people who share your fly fishing interests!
Click here for directions to our clubhouse.
Click here for Speaker FAQ