Annual Swap Meet and Chili Cook-off
Saturday, December 3, 2016 8:00am at the Clubhouse
This is the one time each year where you are going to get some terrific deals on stuff you need and a better deal on stuff you don’t. You’ll get stuff cheaper this year but you’ll sell it cheaper next year. We’ve had everything from float tubes that don’t float to sinking lines that don’t sink. Actually, what you’ll find are the best deals around on fly rods, fly reels, fly lines, waders, boots, hackles, thread, split shot, fly tying vices, wading vests, thermals, and anything else you can possibly think of that relates to fly fishing. You will find flies hand tied by our membership selling for less than $1.00 each. There will be too many items available to mention here but you won’t go home disappointed (but you will go home with all your windows rolled down because of the chili).
Chili Cook-off featuring club members’ finest chili and cornbread!
I’d encourage everybody to get involved with the chili making because it’s what makes this whole event work. If you want to, bring some of your special cornbread.
Chili will be served about 9:00:00am and will be gone (usually) by about noon.
- If you are bringing chili, bring it in a crock-pot and make sure you have a serving spoon with it. Put your name on your pot, on the lid, etc.
- Name your chili.
- Bring a short extension cord for your chili. Label it.
- Winner will receive a fly box with one dozen flies.
- Raffle winner will receive a fly box with one dozen flies.
Contact David Jones and advise him if you are bringing a pot of chili.
And the 2016 winner is — Allie Jones
for her “Chili-Chili Bang-Bang”
Swap Meet and Continental Breakfast!
We’ll have coffee, water and a continental style breakfast available for $3.00.
Sorry, no alcohol is allowed… park rule.
- Sellers reserve your table space
- Sellers will start setting up at 7:30am. Sale starts as soon as sellers are ready.
- Get here at 8:00am for the best selection.
- Stay late for the best price.
- Bring cash.
- Feel free to bring your boats, float tubes, prams, pontoons, etc., but set them up outside. Those things usually sell better if they are inflated (with air, not price).
- Bring a friend. Bring your checkbook.
Start saving your money and tell Mama you’re going out shopping for her Mother’s Day gift. I hope to see you all out there on Dec 3rd.
Reserve your table space by contacting Wendell Edwards.