You are invited to our club meetings which are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Granite Bay Activities Center (the ‘clubhouse’) on Folsom Lake.
It’s suggested to arrive early as parking can fill quickly. Note: During Winter Months the Folsom Lake Park Entry gate closes at 7:00 pm. So don’t be late. It’s a long walk from the gate.
How to join Granite Bay Flycasters
1. Click, display, fill out, then print a membership application located here. (If form is not editable, download and open with Adobe Acrobat to complete your entries).
2. Be sure to complete and sign the liability waiver.
3. Attach a check for your first year’s membership.
4. Mail the application with liability waiver to the address located at the upper left of the application form.
5. Processing will take about a week and you will receive acknowledgement and your badge in the mail.
6. Be sure to set aside time for the next club meeting – the 2nd Thursday of the month @ 7pm at the club house.
Club activities include a monthly meeting, organized fishing trips, fly tying classes and informal get-togethers, casting clinics, net-building and rod-building classes, an annual picnic and a youth program. Activities are planned to encourage participation by all family members.
Monthly meetings feature local (and sometimes world-renowned) experts who speak about flyfishing techniques and/or destinations, conservation activities, or other pertinent topics. Each meeting also involves the telling of tall tales (and other local fishing news), reports on club activities, and perhaps most importantly, the opportunity to meet and mix with other people who share your fly fishing interest!
Click here for directions to our clubhouse.
Click here for Speaker FAQ