NEW! – Join us now on Facebook
Our speaker this month is Jordan Romney who grew up fishing the rivers and lakes of Northern California. Living in Winters, he became well acquainted with the challenges of fishing Putah Creek. After attending Chico State he turned his fishing passion into a career and graduated from the Clearwater Guide School in 2010. Since graduating, he spent 2 seasons in Alaska guiding for Epic Angling and Adventures and is currently the head guide for Fly Fishing Specialties. Check out his website for more information www.driftonthefly.com.
His presentation will be on “Technical Nymphing Techniques” and will show different ways to set up for nymphing and how to read water to get the best possible presentation to a fish.
July 1, 2017 notes the beginning of the Club’s 2017 fiscal year, and with it, a number of changes to your club President and Board of Directors. Thank you to last year’s Board of Directors for your contributions to our club.
Your 2017 Board:
• Wendell Edwards – President
• John Hogg – Past President after two successful years as president.
• Don Whitecar – VP Membership chair and our website facilitator
• Dave Fujiyama – VP Conservation
• David Bennett – Secretary
• Treasurer – Mike Howes will continue as Treasurer only because no one stepped up for that position. We are a club of volunteers, I expect someone to step forward and solve this issue by next year’s election!
• Ron Fay – Director for 3 years and will serve as Facilities Chair
• Dale Spear – Director for 3 years
• Ed Lloyd – Director for 2 years and will serve as Program Chair
• David Jones, Director through 2019. David will also direct the Golden Trout program
• Eric Palmer – Director through 2018. Eric will continue to keep our website safe and updated
• Gordon Tornberg – Director through 2018. Gordon will continue to be our Education chairman
• Carol Tevlin – Director at Large for 2017
Leaving the Board:
• Bill Grigsby – Director and Facilities Chair
• Mel Odemar – VP Conservation
• Ron Rabun – Director
A special “Thank You” goes to those that are leaving the Board of Directors, and a warm welcome to those that have been elected to serve as Directors and Officers of the club. GBF has concluded a very successful year under the guidance of President John Hogg. We had a very successful dinner, made lots of conservation contributions, had some great speakers at our monthly meetings, and many, many fishouts and education clinics. John’s hard work and extraordinary diligence demands our gratitude.
That leaves yours truly to serve as your elected President for the upcoming year. It was a tough election, but I prevailed as the only candidate! I look forward to maintaining the Club’s successes, and hopefully, with your help and support, making some additional contributions. One of our future goals will be to foster leadership skills and a spirit of giving to the club, as well as enjoying the benefits.
And once again, we answer that inborn call for more fishing time.
Click GBF Logo below for
Membership Renewal or Donation.
To join GBF please click here.
“The better the angler, the better the fly”
– Scott Sadil, A Better Caddis, California Fly Fisher, Aug 2011.
The July Leader
Our Monthly Newsletter
Search our website!
Please patronize our sponsors who’s generosity is critical to our mission.
This Month’s Events:
American River fishout
Sunday, July 2
Upper Sac fishout
Wednesday, July 7 – Friday, July 9
GBF Board Meeting
Tuesday, July 11, 6:30 PM
Thursday, July 13, 7:00 PM
Truckee River Fishout
Saturday, July 15
Lower Yuba fishout
Saturday, July 15
Fly Tying Jam
Tuesday, July 18, 6:30 PM
Little Truckee fishout
Wednesday, July 19
Friday, July 28